November 16, 2011

The Last Remnant

DSC_1101

Remember back when Dani did her (still unfinished!) house tour?  She mentioned this ugly 1980’s gold chandelier on her list of still-to-change in the kitchen.

 

 

It’s really the last remnant of the old kitchen.

 

 

Ugh.  I cannot believe that is the same room. 

 

So.  Anyway.  I went to Home Depot and they had a clearance table for lighting.  Clearance tables at Homies are both beautiful and deadly at the same time.  It’s like one of those mosquito zapper things. 

 

There on the table was a light that we had both really liked when we saw it on display a month or two earlier.  At the time, it was retailing for over $200.00.  When I saw it’s new price, I snapped a picture of it and sent it to Dani.  Her reaction was.. well.. she told me to geri t, and I believe she wanted me to expedite that process.

 

text_convo

 

 

Do you see that price sticker?!  That’s like a billion percent off.  Once I geri t’d it home, we hung it up, and with that, we have now purged the last of the old kitchen from the house. 

 

DSC_1102

 

I left some extra chain because the box for the light isn’t centered in the room, and I may put a little dangle in the chain and attach it to the ceiling so that the light will be centered.

 

We both think that this new light complements the pendant lights I made

 

 

What do you think?

Powered by Blogger.