August 15, 2011

Not a Fan

A while ago, I was at our old house preparing it for some new renters.  I had the large house fan on, and it started clicking.  Obnoxiously.  I knew the soon-to-be tenants would probably say something about it, so I needed to fix it; might as well do it right away.  So I climbed up and precariously perched myself on the banister and started taking it all apart.

 

IMG_1568

 

Here I’ve got the blades off.  They come off very easily.. just a couple of rubber-lined large-headed screws per blade. 

 

IMG_1569  IMG_1572

 

With the blades removed, I took off the face plate and then the glass cover.  Still no sign of anything broken.  At this point I’m starting to scratch my head a bit.

 

IMG_1570

 

So I took every last part of this thing apart.  And guess what I found.

 

IMG_1571

 

Stinkbug.  A stupid faced stupid Stink Bug.  Ugh.  These things get everywhere!!  Apparently it had died, got all hard and dried-up, and stuck it’s dead-self in just the right spot to go click-click-click-click as the fan spun.  Awesome.

 

I don’t know how they’re getting in, either, man.  I feel your pain.  We need a support group.

 

After that ridiculous unplanned and unwanted project, I needed this.

 

IMG_1573

 

I’ve been on this quest since our trip to Ireland in May to find a place that can serve and correctly pour the perfect pint of Guinness.  So far.. meh.  I’ll keep you posted.

Powered by Blogger.