January 12, 2010

Hey Hey, ho ho, That Ugly Soffit has to Go

I had to look up how to spell "soffit".  Spell checker keeps telling me it's wrong.  Anyway.... the soffit around the kitchen can't stay.  There are a few reasons for this.
  1. It's ugly
  2. We need the space.  Our cabinets will be higher up, and therefore we need room to grow.
  3. All the can lights are in the wrong places, and once we take them out, there will be holes.
  4. It's ugly.
A corner of it was already destroyed when we took out the old oven cabinet.  Time for the rest to go.  Not much explanation is needed here.  Basic steps involve grasping a hammer, swinging said hammer repeatedly, yanking down on remnants until they fall upon you.



Dad taking out the clock plug
   I found that these old style can lights each have a buried box.  Yikes.  Glad I'm getting rid of them.  They are sturdy, thick aluminum, so I'll be putting these into the recycling bin. 


Now that the soffit is down, we have a lot more debris to deal with.

That pile got so big, I started a base camp. 
Powered by Blogger.