October 12, 2010

Installing Cabinet Hardware

Look what came in the mail over the weekend.
This has been low on the priority list but high on the "need" list.  We're hosting Thanksgiving this year in our new kitchen, so there's a number of things that need to be done before then.  This was first on the list.

Installing them is pretty easy.  I considered making a template to do it, but when I started putting them on, I found I didn't really need one.  Here's what I did need.
That square (and beer) is critical.  I used the seams in the edges of the doors to place the knobs, like so:

Notice the seam line.  Easy peasy.
Once I had done it once, the rest of the knobs on the uppers flew by
The handles for the drawers are much trickier.  Again, I considered a template, but it ended up just being easier to carefully measure each one.  Because the depth of a drawer effects the width of the center piece, each drawer needs to be checked and rechecked for the correct marking for the handle.  I did mark a couple of them incorrectly, but stepping back and looking at it showed something amiss, and a remeasure confirmed it.  A scrubby pad got the marker off with no issues.

Two more things were delivered this weekend, so I'll tease some upcoming projects now.



Thanks for reading!  Comment with any questions, and if you have advice on installing a range hood or a zone valve controller, pass it on!
Powered by Blogger.