October 10, 2010

Kitchen Renovation Information

Hopefully, this blog will be useful to some people doing the same things I have done.  Here's a list of products I used in our kitchen, and where I got them.  Pretty much everything else (tiles, drywall, electrical, etc) is from Home Depot.  I'm still not done with the kitchen; I have to eventually install under-cabinet lighting and stone facade.  When I source those, I'll add them to the list.

Cabinets
All Wood Fast
We got our cabinets through Costco.  I looked at a lot of different places, and the 3 options I ended up with were trying to find a warehouse, using Ikea cabinets, and this one.  Ikea cabinets ended up being much better than I thought they would be for the price, but I couldn't bring myself to do it and keep at the finish level I was going for.  Their free design service was nice, too. I had already drafted up a 3D kitchen design using the Ikea software, but after sending it to them, they reproduced it faithfully in their software with their products.

Appliances
Sears
I waited until the after-Thanksgiving sale and bought all our appliances at Sears.  I've bought at scratch-and-dent centers before, and it went well, but these sales were really good.  About half of them, including the Jenair wall oven, were displays, which saved even more.

Radiant Floor
Radiantec
PexUniverse
I bought the pex, zone valve, mixing valve, circulator pump, and manifold at PexUniverse.  I bought the aluminum heat transfer plates from Radiantec.

Other
Whitehaus Farmer's Sink - Quality Bath
Cavaliere Range Hood - Overstock
Cabinet Hardware - Overstock

Sites that Helped
DIY Forums
There are some very smart, very helpful people here, and I spend a fair amount of time just reading what they have to say.

Garden Web
This place is great to get inspired.  People here have great ideas, thoughtful designs, and beautiful results.  And it's not just for big projects, either.

Ikea Room Designer
This was where I started on the design process after I had used some graph paper to get the measurements down.  This let me visualize the room.  For free.
Powered by Blogger.