February 1, 2011

It’s the Little Things

I am so excited right now.  I’ve been thinking about doing this little project for an entire year and have only just now actually done it.  It was made possible by my darling wife’s thoughtful Christmas gift.

IMG_1247

She got me a three-pack of Dremel tools! 
  • Dremel Multimax
  • Dremel Trio
  • Dremel Rotary Tool

I’ve already been putting these suckers to use all over the house. 
Today’s project, though, used the Dremel Trio.  That’s this one.

IMG_1287

I bought a metal plunge-cut bit for it and climbed into the kitchen closet.  First, I used the lid off the dog treat container to trace an outline on the target surface.  Then, using the plunge-cut bit I worked my way around the outline to cut a nearly-perfect circle opening.

IMG_1286 IMG_1288

Why am I so excited about this?  Because I am so done with stepping on wet wash rags on the basement steps and having to change my socks.  When the kitchen rag or towel becomes dirty, stinky, overly stiff, or some combination of the above, we open the door to the basement and throw it down the steps.  And then, the next time someone goes down there, they either see it and move it next to the washer, or they don’t, and they get a wet sock.  That little opening, my friends, opens to the laundry chute from the upstairs bathroom.  Now, we can open the kitchen closet and make a deposit directly above the washing machine.  Oh joyous day!  No longer shall I angrily stalk up the two flights of stairs and hunt for another pair of socks.  My wife isn’t nearly as excited.  I think she’s broken.

That is all.
Powered by Blogger.